Thursday, August 9, 2007

Romer, Where Have You Been?

Okay, go ahead and give it to me. It's been awhile since I bombarded you the usual wit, wisdom, and words from the Jackal! I humbly apologize, and hope that your seat on the bandwagon is still warm and comfy. I took a few minutes off to take care of pressing problems and issues that demanded my immediate attention. First though, I'm recuperating from back surgery...as a matter of fact, I spent the whole day on my birthday (July 30) flat on my back. No fun there. I experienced a new meaning of pain. I also was able to spend quality time with my family, and in he process rededicated my life to Christ! Oh what a marvelous feeling to be on the right side of the street!! I wasn't able to get any writing done, but a few manuscripts managed to find their way in my peripheral vision for editing. I submitted an essay to author, Vernice Berry's request for manuscripts for an anthology project, entitled "WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE: REFLECTIONS ON A HIGHER POWER." I'm really excited about this way beyond the fact that I'm a contributor. Just to be in the near vicinity and in the company of the other writers committed to this project is awesome and mind-boggling!

It is so important to take some time off for the family, in spite of the daily grind that life demands without time management procedures. I was without my 'puter for a couple of weeks, and I need not go into the angst that this rendered me. School is out, I have the grandkids jockeying for position, and it's hot as hell in paradise! Miami in the summer gives new meaning to sweat, South Beach notwithstanding. I'm back on track. The time spent off the pad gave me so much to think about, and themes to write on, including so many things to write and talk about that have happened in the world. The opinionated views of the Jackal are legendary, if not controversial at times! And you all know that I always have an opinion, right? I have missed writing but at the same time I feel refreshed with a new lease on life.

In the meantime the embattled (embittered?) Barry Bonds finally put the naysayers temporarily in place by surpassing Hank Aaron, but for how long? Conjecture and doubt alone will usurp his achievement with accusations of a tainted accomplishment. But what's the fuss?! Hell, people cheat every single day that the world turns for that extra-added advantage -- so go figure! Nevertheless, I'm still committed to writing my first book of fiction, as well as the first of three volumes of my essays, and a book of original poetry. Pray for me, and DO keep some of that midnight oil burning while I continue to give it to you -- Verbatim!

No comments: